Charlotte, NC, US
ERP material planning - making sure materials get to the plant to meet the customers needs
- Determine need for material and capacity to address expected demand and update planning information accordingly.
-materials requirement planning (MRP),
* Develop and maintain strategies to minimize expedite charges and ensure on time delivery from vendors.
* Ensure that all material is available based on the MRP due date.
* Develop materials storage and delivery processes supportive of manufacturing operations.
* Understand the influence of demand on manufacturing process and design.
* Manage the movement of raw materials and work in process materials from point of origin to point of consumption.
* Analyze and calculate MRP parameters and adjust accordingly.
* Plan and accurately manage obsolete material disposition.
* Must provide prompt/immediate response to production and materials regarding parts availability
* Directly responsible for the tracking and resolving past due material releases
* Directly responsible for managing shortages and minimizing the impact to the master schedule and daily production schedules
* Must review the MRP exception message report and adjust accordingly
* Directly responsible for the material flow throughout the manufacturing facility
* Directly responsible for the root cause of material disruptions
* Must be ready, willing and able to address production issues on the production floor without prompting.
* Strong inventory control processes to include receiving, material movement and logistics (both within the manufacturing facility and warehousing), put away practices, cycle count process, and standard warehousing practices.
* Ability to reconcile cycle counts and analyze variances.
* Knowledge of basic ECR/ECN practices.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.