Columbia, SC, US
*This position is in Columbia, SC*
We are currently seeking a manufacturing engineer for our client that will support both production and engineering with exploration into production difficulties, analysis, and the recommendation of solutions to ensure proper production flow.
- Based on engineering and program data, the selected candidate will help to define, implement, and support the manufacturing and assembly methods that enable optimal use of required resources
- This person will spend 75% of their time on the production floor within the final assembly area assisting in daily issues that bottleneck production lines
- The chosen candidate will assist in planning daily work, execute work according to established guidelines, and participate in evaluating simple projects
- The selected candidate will work under close supervision and his/her work must be checked for accuracy, relevance, and compliance with prescribed procedures
- The candidate may be asked to complete project management tasks
1) Understand basic assembly processes
2) Ability to write work instructions
3) Modify BOMs to ensure accuracy
4) Can utilize Solidedge to review engineering prints
5) Exp. working w/ an ERP system
6) Must have BS Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Design Engineering
2) Kaizen Event Experience
3) LEAN Exp. or Certification
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply with a copy of their resume, professional references, contact information, and availability.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.