Doral, FL, US
Contract to Hire
$50,000.00 - $65,000.00 /Year
Our client is actively seeking a creative, Mid-Level Environmental Engineer/Geologist/Scientist for immediate employment in the Miami, FL office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate willingness to work in the field at least 20% of the work week with the remaining time spent in the office working on projects related primarily to environmental assessment and remediation.
- This candidate will conduct and oversee the field, activities related to environmental assessment and remediation of sites impacted with petroleum products, dry cleaner solvents, and/or other hazardous substances at private, state, local and federal facilities.
- Tasks include overseeing drilling of wells and soil borings, overseeing excavation of contaminated soils, collection of soil and groundwater samples, and other field-related tasks.
- Assisting project managers in preparing analytical summary tables, assessment reports and with developing environmental site assessment and remediation strategies for contaminated sites, and preparation of draft and final plans and reports for agency approval.
- Minimum BS Degree in Geology, Environmental Science, or Environmental, Chemical, or Civil Engineering or related field.
- Valid Driver's License
- Proficient in using MS Office Software.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in environmental consulting industry, private or public sector
- Current 40 hour HAZWOPER training and 8 hour annual refresher certification required.
If you or anyone you know is interested, please email resumes to the email address listed below!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.