Franklin Park, IL, US
Contract to Hire
A utility specialty contractor is looking for a project coordinator to join their team.
Project coordinator reports directly to the project manager; primarily responsible for supporting the PM in project planning, construction, assisting with cost estimates, permitting, payroll, time entry, processing invoices, and contract administration.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Setting up up project folders/work packets.
- Maintaining project files throughout the course of the project (from planning through close-out).
- Entry of estimates and production review.
- Printing job logs and time sheets as necessary.
- New job activation including requisition and release process in proprietary job software (which is a derivative of Vista Contractor Management Software)
- May coordinate with A/R to ensure proper billing & payment.
- Prepare and generate routine reports and correspondence; some involvement in preparing more complex
- Review field reports; provide summary reports to Assistant, Project or Senior Project Manager as required.
- Assist with preparation of proposals.
- Call and / or enter locates.
- Create and maintain project submittal log.
- Follow-up with vendors to obtain submittals and current equipment delivery information.
- Data entry of project information into multiple systems as required.
- Submit / Track / Follow-up on permit status as required.
- Track / Scan / Submit As-Builts to customer.
- Attend customer scheduling / job coordination conference calls as required.
- Assist the PM in monitoring the work on a regular basis to assure good quality control. - Conformance with contract documents (plans and specs).
- Review and track vendor invoices for accuracy and compliance with the contract terms and provide recommendation to PM.
- Job close-out as required.
- May assist with researching new business leads.
Qualifications: * High School diploma, Associate's Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
* Knowledge of advanced functions of Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, Power Point, and Internet Explorer.
* Must have excellent communication skills and writing skills.
* Must be able to comprehend and communicate information that is technical in nature.
* Effective analytical and problem solving skills with great ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
* Exceptional interpersonal communication, presentation, and writing skills.
* Well organized, team player, professional and energetic
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Dane Maher - Mehciz