Fredericksburg, VA, US
$60,000.00 - $95,000.00 /Year
* Candidate will be responsible for designing and evaluating RF architectures, sub-systems, boards, and components, including RF switches, limiters, up-converters, down-converters, attenuators, LNAs, mixers, filters, etc.
* Participate in and lead RF design tasks including requirements analysis, specification generation, interface definition, component selection, simulation, schematic capture, and advise on board layout
* Participate in simulation, testing, and troubleshooting of RF designs, including bench testing and debugging using test equipment
* Apply hands-on in-depth knowledge of RF test equipment including signal generators, vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, and oscilloscopes
* Develop test plans and procedures for verification of RF designs
* Participate in and lead the RF aspects of design reviews
* Manage schedule, cost, and technical responsibility at the system and board level
* Identify and work with suppliers of RF components and sub-systems
* Candidate must have 2 to 5 years of design experience in RF/Microwave products and broad knowledge of RF systems, understanding of RF concepts such as receiver sensitivity, dynamic range, noise figure, phase noise, and transmitter linearity and power measurements
* Must have in-depth understanding of appropriate RF board materials and knowledge of RF circuit layout techniques
* Should have an understanding of EMC design guidelines for PCBs and systems
* Should have an understanding of RF filter designs including LC, ceramic, SAW, BAW, crystal, etc.
* Should have strong written and interpersonal communication skills
* Must be able to work independently and produce measurable results
* Candidates must be eligible to obtain a security clearance
* BS in Electrical Engineering or similar work experience (Master's Degree Preferred)
* 2 to 5 or more years of experience in Electrical or RF Engineering, with demonstrated experience in the design and testing of printed circuit boards for RF/microwave frequencies
* Experience with Altium Designer is a plus
* Past experience with rugged military requirements is a plus
* Technical experience in the areas of signal processing, signal analysis, direction finding, geolocation, embedded systems, antennas, or communications systems is a plus
* Experience using engineering analysis and development tools such as Labview and Matlab is a plus
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.