Aerotek has an immediate opening for an Instructional Designer at the corporate office in Hanover, MD.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Instructional Design Manager, the Instructional Designer will work with subject matter experts and other partners to design, develop, and implement learning programs for every functional group within the company. This includes: Sales, Recruiting, Leadership, Operations, and Corporate. These programs will be developed and delivered in a blended format. This position will be responsible for engaging in the full instructional design and development cycle, and will also be responsible for using and recommending technology based tools to improve the instructional integrity of Aerotek's learning materials.
• Design and develop interactive and engaging materials for both classroom and alternative delivery, i.e.: web-based and informal learning
• Design courses using adult learning principles and interactive on-line learning models as appropriate
• Ensure the instructional integrity of course development projects through systematic design and clear writing of scripts, narratives, and storyboards
• Revise and update current training materials according to system and design changes
• Establish instructional design and development standards for all existing and future training materials that support continued quality, speed of delivery, and learning reinforcement
• Work with Program Managers, SMEs and other Stakeholders to determine the best Instructional Methods and Media for deploying training programs for varied audiences
• Provide methods for front end learning needs analysis and assist in the evaluation of instructional effectiveness for course materials that are produced
• Communicate frequently and effectively with various project collaborators to ensure that goals and objectives are being met
• Utilize desktop publishing and content development software to create a variety of materials.
• Experience in designing Technical, Sales, Leadership and Service-related training preferred
• Project management experience preferred
• Graphic Design skills
• Ability to create simulations
• Experience using a variety of authoring tools including Captivate and /or Articulate Storyline II
• Experience with video conferencing and/or e-learning.
• Ability to build on-line courseware
• Experience designing and working with extreme learning modalities (gaming, m-learning, podcasting etc.) a plus
• Requires a BA/BS degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Educ., or a related field
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.