$13.00 - $15.00 /Hour
2nd - 2pm-10pm
3rd - 10pm-6am
We are hiring for a company who is an automotive supplier to GM and other large tier-one automotive companies. Honda is their second largest customer.
This is a large facility and mainly does metal stamping and robotics. It is filled with large transfer presses, progressive presses, and robotic weld cells. These are large, dirty and noisy machines. It gets dirty, hot and loud in the facility. Candidates are required to wear earplugs and safety glasses. Steel toe shoes are optional.
Transfer Press Operators
- Operating and monitoring the metal stamping transfer presses
- They will operate the press with proper speed and assure that the press is properly maintained.
- Responsible to perform quality checks using measuring equipment such as calipers, gauges and others
Understanding of Press Line Components:
- The press, slide, clutch, and counter balances
- The Feeder: strengtheners, pilot pin, grippers and air valves
- The Coil Box: Pinch rollers, chain drive and control box
- Ability to understand when to ask for help from maintenance
Quotas & Rates
Each person's quota that they need to hit on the machine is tracked during the day on the computer. Candidates know exactly where they are at all times and what quota they need to hit.
- Employee Owned Company (ESOP) - 47 largest ESOP in the country and number 1 ESOP in Michigan
- After 1 year become an owner. Stock is paid out annually and upon tenure and pay grade.
- 401k Match
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - medical, dental, vision available.
Why is this a great opportunity?
- Opportunity for growth into higher level positions and skilled trade positions
- They promote from within and are looking for motivated individuals who show initiative to train into higher level positions.
- They are continuing to grow and will continue to grow, which means job security.
- Annual Raises
- Promotions, advancement and pay raises are all performance based not seniority or hours worked.
- They have Robotics class opportunities for those that want to learn this. Typically a week long class that costs $2,000 and they will pay for it.
- Also they have an apprenticeship program that employees can apply for.
Pay: $13-15, which is based on experience/skills.
- 1yr experience with automatic metal stamping transfer press
- Operate automatic presses and associated tools
- Read and comprehend work orders
- Ability to lift 30 pounds, if needed
- Ability to stand 10-12 hours
- Communication skills with coworkers and management
- 5-15 overtime hours
- Ability to use computers for documentation and work instructions
- Strong attendance work references (two names and their phone numbers)
- Decent job tenure (few gaps in work history/not too many jobs that you worked at for fewer than 6 months)
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
517 381 3344