Lake Forest, CA, US
Contract to Hire
Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 35 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Operate, calibrate, maintain, repair and troubleshoot microwave and microwave antenna testing instruments, Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) Test Equipment and Automated Test Stations (ATS) to support the production requirements of a group specializing in In-Flight Entertainment and Communications (IFEC) Systems. Provide training and technical support to junior technicians and repair shop team. Represent a mix of applied technical and engineering competencies that will be routinely called upon by the production floor and production manager. Responsible for performing testing of Antennae and related subassemblies.
- Participate in the commissioning of several new microwave ATS installations in a startup environment.
- Operate and schedule repair, verification and maintenance of microwave test and antenna measurement instrumentation in direct support of production activities.
- Perform the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of microwave modules and antenna assemblies operating in the Ku-Band and higher frequency range.
- Record required information for all testing and document discrepancies.
- Test and troubleshoot complex microwave and digital electronics systems to the module level.
- Forecast Panasonic IFEC equipment and tester needs to support new product line development.
- Write, maintain and publish associated manufacturing procedures, test documentation and ATS documentation to support commissioning and development of ATS installations.
- Work with automated test software engineers to streamline ATS processing and improve overall test throughput and accuracy.
- Develop and implement 5S process improvements and continually evaluate opportunities to improve work processes and customer service.
- Achieve manufacturing objectives: Attain Production goals with Quality and on time delivery metrics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and other computer software/hardware as required.
- Excellent communication skills, work in team environments, focus on customer service and a willingness to cooperate with internal and external parties on all levels within and outside the organization.
- Ability to mentor and train junior Test Technicians to maximize knowledge and competencies.
- Understanding of microwave system design to facilitate fault isolation and troubleshooting.
- Ability to use Volt-ohm meters, oscilloscopes, frequency meters, spectrum and network analyzers, signal generators and automatic test equipment.
- Ability to operate programmable auto-testers, samplers, real-time oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies, and special test fixtures.
- Excellent time management skills and a high personal sense of accountability (working to tight schedules and milestones).
- Successfully handle system level troubleshooting events requiring understanding of electronic principles, test and integration methods.
- Uses professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum 6 years of related experience in the electronics industry.
- IFE or avionics or RF testing experience preferred.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Flexibility and dexterity to support fabrication, manufacturing, movement and shipping of large electronic cabinet/rack assemblies.
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 10% of the time.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.