Las Vegas, NV, US
Aerotek has an immediate internal opening for an Employee Relations Specialist
Job Summary: Reporting to the Employee Relations Manager, the Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for tactically supporting the employee relations function at Aerotek. This includes assisting with the implementation of policies, procedures and training efforts to ensure a work environment free from harassment and discrimination and in compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, including Title VII, ADA, FMLA, ADEA and FLSA. This position is responsible for providing investigation and project management assistance as well as administrative support.
• Support Employee Relations Managers in working with various departments to assure compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory guidelines (e.g. EEO, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, OSHA, NLRB etc.)
• Help foster a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction
• Courteously and promptly answer employee relations related phone calls and emails received from contract or internal employees and clients while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
• Accurately and expediently identify issues that require escalation to ER Manager and/or Senior ER Manager
• Assist with the resolution of employee complaints and grievances through the communication of established policies and procedures
• Monitor organizational employee relations trends that will assist ER Managers in designing proactive strategies to improve employee relations
• Provide administrative and research support to Employee Relations team including writing and preparing responses to governmental agencies
• Work closely with Human Resources Business Partners and other HR stakeholders as necessary
• Assistant in implementing HR compliance training programs (e.g., anti-harassment, anti-discrimination, etc.)
- Perform or assist with other duties and projects as assigned
• 2-3 years of experience in Human Resources with some experience in Employee Relations preferred
• Bachelor's degree preferred (Will consider balance of education and experience)
• Excellent customer service and listening skills
• Outstanding project management skills
• Strong writing, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Desire to grow in the role and field of Employee Relations
• Ability to prioritize competing deadlines while being detail oriented
- Willing to travel for investigation and training purposes
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.