Lincolnton, NC, US
$92,000.00 - $98,000.00 /Year
Great electrical Controls Opportunity!
Local Company is starting a transformation project with their assembly lines, purchasing and installing new automated equipment. They need to hire a 2-3 contract controls engineers to help supplement the FTE employees. These engineers need to be able to program/edit/modify code, help install, commission and integrate machinery.
Research, develop, design, and integrate PC and PLC controllers and drive systems for the purpose of supporting manufacturing and assembly operations as well as advanced Engineering and Training Support plant wide.
- Comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot issues involving controls programs and provide advanced support to various software packages and Controls documents.
- Make program modifications as needed for efficient operation of plant machinery as well as HMI Interface and graphics applications for more efficient operator interaction.
- Control "PG" and laptop devices that are necessary for troubleshooting equipment.
- Formulate action plans when needed to ensure that major issues are resolved.
- Work in partnership with machine vendors a manufacturing engineers to design and develop effective automated PLC control and drive systems to support the production requirements and goals. Make recommendations for improvements to systems as needed.
- Provide direction and train maintenance personnel in corrective maintenance and installation of electronic equipment.
- Prepare training curriculum and offer instruction on various software packages and processes to Maintenance and advanced support staff
- Establish protocols and be responsible for system access, backups and data recovery.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive inventory of all machine software packages within the area of responsibility. Ensure that software updates are obtained and installed as needed.
- Act as the company representative to insure that all newly purchased machines have all necessary software, licenses and back-up programs. Screen programs to ensure that English language conversions have been completed and if necessary work with machine supplier to correct any issues.
- Contact vendor to resolve problems related to controls issues.
- Partner with IT Department to ensure line servers are maintained and updated as needed.
- Attend production briefs when needed.
- Maintain Lockout/Tagout, CPR, First Aid, Confined Space Entry and other safety related certifications.
- Endure strict adherence to OSHA, ISO-TS 16949, ISO 14001 and other standards.
Please email Jim Russell if interested. Please include salary expections and reasons as to why you would be a great fit.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.