Manassas, VA, US
Contract to Hire
Our client is seeking a software candidate to join their Software Development Navy team to create software for cutting edge sonar and anti-submarine warfare systems. This technology will support submarines, surveillance, aviation, and surface ship programs. These engineers will be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Application Design (5%)
- Development in Java (40%)
- Porting of C++ into Java (25%)
- Web based development (20%)
- Participate in Agile Scrums (daily)
- Troubleshooting and Testing (10%)
Test the JD:
The main responsibility for this person will be programming modifications of the system in Java. Included in that are areas where they will have to port older C++ code into Java. This is a full service engineering role though so they will participate in scrums for tasking, program code, and test and troubleshoot their own code. There will be a good amount of time trying to figure out how to get their code integrated into the millions of lines of existing code from the current baselines.
Employee Value Proposition:
Company - Project are very stable and growing, tons of opportunity for growth through promotions, and formal mentor and leadership training opportunities.
Program - This client is the #1 world leader in sonar super computing and anti-submarine warfare platforms. You have the ability to work with SMEs in the area of distributed computers. Should you chose to leave at some point to will have transferable skills as Lockheed uses enterprise level systems and COTS products. This client has gone from a Waterfall model to a Agile Development model over the last 18 months.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree
- 1-10 Years of experience programming with the Java technologies (Core Java, Rest, HTMLs, AngularJS, NodeJS, preferably written a project that is 2,000 lines of code or more within the last 12 months)
- 1-10 Years of experience with C++ (experience using C++ libraries, written at least 500 lines of multithreaded code within the last 5 years, written at least 500 lines of C++ OOP code for a project)
- Experience programming on a Linux platform (red Hat Linux 6 or 7)
- 1+ Year of experience in an Agile Scrum Development Environment
- Experience testing and troubleshooting own code into an existing code base
- Active Secret Clearance (Interim is fine)
- Cloud Technologies
- Compute Cluster Technologies
- Continuous Integration
- Scripting in Python (Bash will work too)
- Experience with testing software: junit, google test, google mock, test ng, cppunit
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.