New Orleans, LA, US
Contract to Hire
$18,000.00 - $23,000.00 /Year
Wire - terminate - fabricate cable - hook ups - new construction on Navy Craft
- Job duties include but are not limited to cable fabrication, electrical panel assembly, wire stripping, electrical schematics layouts, hook-ups, and soldering.
- Cable pulling and grooming raceways.
- Must be able to work from Engineering drawings, sketches, blueprints, schematics and follow written/verbal instructions.
- May direct the activities or tasks of other employees.
- Maintain records, forms, and logs as required.
- Perform job duties with the use of basic hand tools such as screw drivers, pliers, wire cutters, drill motors, sand and grinding tools, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education: High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Formal craft training and three (3) plus years of related experience.
- Ability to read blueprints, shop orders, sketches, and drawings is necessary to the completion of tasks or work.
- Must be able to perform basic (simple) shop mathematics.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts.
- Willingness and flexibility to work extended hours as needed to accomplish the task or work with little or no prior notification.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.