Newport News, VA, US
$25.00 - $27.00 /Hour
- Looking for 30 Sheet Metal Mechanics to assist in the build of numerous Naval Ships, at the Shipyard in Newport News, VA.
- This is a long term open ended contract. 1-4 years
- Ability to comprehend complex ventilation assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
- Ability to comprehend fractional and decimal dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
- Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
- Ability to assemble piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
- Experience using small tools (electric drills, grinders, rivet guns), and shop equipment (drill press, press break, Shears etc.)
- 5 years or more of Commercial, Naval, or Aviation sheet metal experience
- Pay $25 to $27 DOE
- $108 a day in Per Diem, for those who qualify
- Feedback time 1-7 days
- Hire off Resume
- 1-4 year Contract
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.