Perrysburg, OH, US
Contract to Hire
Pay Rate: $11.00 to $13.00 USD
Top Three Skills:General labor, Machine operator, General production
Job Description: - Looking to fill 30+ general production positions in 3 different departments
LIGHT DRUM DEPT:
- Candidates will work on one of two different machines. One machine produces 35 drum an hour and the other 100
- There are 5 people who work in this department two operators, forklift, float who covers breaks and a line leader
- Candidates will pulls drums off the machines, remove the excess flashing from the drums, put the drums over to a machine that puts a cap on them and repeat
- Candidates will also move and load 15lbs drums onto semi trucks working in a team of three. One forklift driver and two loaders. Will rotate per semi truck is filled
BLOW MOLDING DEPT.
- In this department there are going to be eight people that runs department per shift.
- In the blow molding department candidates will work as a runner, work as a loader, cutting of the bottles, 4 machine operators, and line leader
- Runners: will work as a person who gets all of the materials for the operators; retrieving of the caps, labels, raw plastics molds and anything else needed to create the drums
- Machine Operator: Candidates will move and load the plastic drums on and off conveyor line and perform final inspection with a water test to ensure the seals hold the caps
- Loader: Candidates will put the raw plastic molds onto conveyor belt so the large drums can be made
- Cutter: Cut and recycle plastic drums to be reused or remade
- Candidates will use a Ingersoll Rand hand gun to build and assemble the metal cage on a metal pallet
- Candidates will start out at a robotic welder to create the actual metal base. Standing at a robotic machine that they will place four metal pieces in each corner and a tube ring to create the actual base
- Workers will stand on a conveyor belt and screw in two screws on the front and back on the base plate to lock them in
- Candidates will work as a labeler to stick labels onto a base plate and another person will attach or fasten the section with the label on them
- Candidates will perform final assembly of the metal cages. Inserting of final corner protectors and screws for protection of the drums as well as performing visual inspection
- At the end of the line the cage is loaded with robotic hoist of the plastic drums and candidates will remove caps and inspect for any contamination. Will align using two bars to keep them locked in place
- Lifting of the 21 to 35lbs large drums to load onto trucks
- Candidates will also place them where a blue wrap is able to cover them before going onto trucks to keep out any contamination
- Candidates will work along other forklift drivers to stack the large drums 8 high for storing
- 6a to 6p or 6p to 6a 2-2-3 shift
- Candidates should plan to work 12hr shifts for the foreseeable future until they are able to get fully staffed
- 36hrs one week and 48 the next
- 3 months CTH
- $13 for 90 days then $13.50 once hired in
- $11.50 for 90 days then $12 once hired in
- $11.50 for 90 days then $12 once hired in
Qualifications: MUST HAVES:
- MUST be able to lift up to 35lbs consistently
- MUST HAVE AT LEAST 3 months of manufacturing experience. Will also take recent high school grads.
- MUST be able to stand on their feet for 12hr shifts
- MUST have a good attitude and wiliness to learn the job and keep up with production
Performance Expectations: - Assembly in this department they need to be able to make 84 steel crates per hour. Currently averaging 50-60.
- Shipping place 85-90 loads on a truck. 10 drums, 5 overseas, 10 inner tank, 40-60 outbound loads per day
Additional Compensation: - 1.5x after 40hrs
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.