Piedmont, SC, US
$16,500.00 - $17,500.00 /Year
Aerotek's client located in Piedmont, SC is now hiring forklift drivers for a DIRECT HIRE positions.
80% forklift, 20% helping with changeovers of the line and labeling.
Climate controlled facility, average temp 75 degrees.
Best candidates will have 2+ years of forklift, inventory tracking, RF scanning and labeling experience and have worked in an automotive facility currently or previously.
- Speak with the Material Handler from the previous shift about the job that is currently running. Discuss any issues with parts, IPC tags or racks.
- Perform Forklift Check.
- Get a rack count for the next three jobs on the schedule and communicate to the Team Leader.
- Place the correct empty rack online ensuring that the rack is unlocked and is not damaged.
- Remove all out-dated labels and cert sheets.
- Print labels using Shop floor. (Auto print. No batch printing except first 10 racks of bodysides)
- Place the label on the rack following the Assembly Shop Work Instructions and any applicable certification sheets/stop signs or metal finish tags.
- Ensure the rack is locked and packed per the Unit Load Instructions for the current job.
- Remove the rack from the line and replace with an empty rack.
- Transport the rack to the proper storage location. (Dock/WIP/MF)
- Proceed to the location where racks for the next production run are stored and begin transporting them to the line and staging them for the next production run.
- When the next to the last rack is removed from the line replace it with a rack for the next production run.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.