Raleigh, NC, US
Aerotek is now hiring Mechanical Design Engineers:
*These positions are located in Columbia, SC
- Applicant will be responsible for completing custom mechanical design of Switchgear and/or Switchboards based on customer specifications and local, state, and federal codes governing the product
- This includes the creation of (3D) parametric models needed for the development of bus, barriers, supports, sheet metal parts and assemblies
- The successful applicant will also assist Application/Order Engineering with conceptual design layouts and bill of material creation
- BSME degree
- Experience with Pro-E 3-D computer modeling software preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Ability to design and model parts and assemblies given basic conceptual information
- Must have 3D modeling experience (Pro E, Creo, Solidworks, Catia, Inventor)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of low voltage switchboard / switchgear design, installation, and use
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal codes governing the installation and use of low voltage switchboards / switchgear
- Ability to interpret basic front elevation, one-line, and schematic drawings
- Competitive salary, bonus, & 3 weeks of vacation to start
- Relocation assistance offered for qualified candidates
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply with a copy of their resume, references, contact information, and availability!
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.