Aerotek has several clients that is hiring Lab Technicians and Research Associates.
The main function of a lab technician is to perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. A typical lab technician may work under the supervision of a medical technologist.
- Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Analyze, gather and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
- Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
- May examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science discipline, preferably Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry. Molecular Biology is ideal.
- Ideally should have 4-6 months of internship or industry experience.
- Basic knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Basic ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.