Sterling, VA, US
$120,000.00 - $160,000.00 /Year
Our client delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. This group operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Our client is seeking a senior-level web backend developer to be an integral part of a Java Web Application development team to support both internal products and customer programs in Herndon, VA. The Senior Java backend Developer is a key member of the development organization. The Senior Java Developer will work within an agile development organization and be accountable for refining software requirements, providing development estimates, designing and implementing software and managing timeline commitments.
- Design, develop and execute software solutions to address business issues
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to our Software team
- Work as an integral part of a cross-functional engineering team, collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed
- Maintain and support existing features and products
- Participate in code reviews and other techniques to improve code quality
- Investigate and resolve support issues
- Ensure automated builds and continuous integration are working at all times.
- Contributing to technical documentation and training material.
- Contributing to the continual improvement of the product and development processes.
- Participating in software development process following agile model.
- Must be able to obtain a clearance
- Solid resume experience with developing RESTful web applications with database backend.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work well in a team environment as well as independently with little day-to-day guidance at times
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field that can be waived for 5+ years of experience in the field of Computer Science
Preferred Additional Experience and Skills:
- TS/SCI Clearance desirable
- Experience with Spring, Mongo DB or other NoSQL databases is an advantage
- Experience with AWS, and container services such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with frameworks such as Node JS, Angular JS, Queueing frameworks such as RabbitMQ, C
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.