Tempe, AZ, US
The primary responsibility of this position is to triages all incoming calls from clients, employees/contractors, claims adjusters and physicians to facilitate the reporting of our employee's workers' compensation claims to our Third Party Administrator.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers and injured workers, delivering excellent customer service.
- Refer injured workers to treatment facilitates and arrange for transportation when needed.
- Administer paperwork for post-accident drug testing.
- Places outgoing phone calls to injured workers, clients, field office employees, claims adjusters and physicians for outreach to complete investigation of claims
- Document phone conversations in claims system
- Review and verify Injury Reporting forms prior to submission to ensure that accurate information regarding the claim has been provided. Obtain additional information or clarification when needed
- Assist adjuster in investigation of claims by gathering and forwarding information need to analyze liability and root cause of accident.
- Collect and submit required paperwork to TPA.
- Send Acknowledgment letters to injured workers.
- Perform other clerical tasks.
- High School Diploma required; college preferred
- Two (2) years customer service experience call center. Prior experience in commercial insurance claims intake center is a plus
- Experience performing highly, independent, complex clerical work involving extensive record keeping
- Good organization and decision making skills
- Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential for this role.
- Able to work in a high-volume multi-task environment with numerous interruptions
- Use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation; prepare clear and concise reports, letters and memos
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; deal effectively and professionally with adverse and difficult situations.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.