Contract to Hire
$16.00 - $20.00 /Hour
Aerotek is currently seeking a CAD Drafter to support our client, a rapidly growing manufacturing company in Virginia Beach.
The drafter will review and make changes to customer design requests. Will have the ability to work with graphic designs as well as know engineering concepts to create drawings. Work with project management on a regular basis to complete tasks.
1) Analyzes client packages and engineering sketches to determine possible issues.
2) Combine client provided artwork with engineering concepts to develop rough draft shop drawings.
3) Coordinate with project management and engineering to finalize details as required
4) Produce technically correct finalized shop drawings that adhere to client requirements and engineering details.
5) Produce location specific message layouts in coordination with shop drawings.
6) Assist project management with finalization of drawing packages and the coordination of artwork as required for subcontracting.
7) Provide technical support as required to shop personnel and project management to facilitate the production of signage.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
1. Working knowledge of Corel Draw and AutoCAD in a mechanical/ graphic environment
2. Understanding of basic construction and mechanical concepts.
3. Ability to prepare clear, detailed, and efficient construction drawings.
4. Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
5. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to correctly decipher architectural and civil blue prints
- Knowledge and proficiency of AutoCAD
- Basic construction knowledge
- Ability to work with blueprints
Must produce drawings in a timely manner with accuracy. Will be expected to hit the ground running working in AutoCAD.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.