Westfield, NY, US
Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for qualified commercial construction superintendents. To be considered submit a resume to the email above.
- 5 years + experience as a construction superintendent
construction experience must be from commercial projects (hotels, large shopping or other retail, dorms, hospitals)
- extensive computer skills including Word and other CM programs such as Primavera (for scheduling) Procore
- experience managing a gc with multiple sub contractors as well as interacting with Architect driving the project schedule and managing subs
- ensure each project is managed and constructed successfully
- manage subcontractors
- Super shall be responsible for the successful coordination and execution of the field construction operations.
- Confer and direct field supervisory personnel of contractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpretation of plans and specifications and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent loss or delay's
- Manage quality control of all constructed systems.
- Coordinate and manage field project consultants, inspection agencies, contractors and suppliers to resolve construction issues and improve construction methods.
- Communicate daily with Project Manager on status of project activity.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to plans and specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Conducts regular meetings and documents with contractors, vendors, and municipalities at regular intervals.
- Prepares reports on progress, advising on adjustments to work schedules as indicated by site reviews.
- Timely review of progress payments and invoices to ensure approvals are received on time for draw request.
- Interacts and corresponds with Tenant/Client field representative throughout project with respect to schedule, finishes, modifications, specifications and general issues.
- Assist in coordination of construction lender site inspections.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.