Allegis Group Online Privacy Statement
Effective Date: March 1, 2016
Allegis Group, Inc. and its group companies (collectively, the "Allegis Group", or "we", "us" and "our") are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We provide you with this Privacy Statement because we want you to know how we may collect, use, share, and keep information about you, and the choices that are available to you. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
When this Privacy Statement Applies
This Privacy Statement applies whenever we collect personal information from or about you, whether though our website(s) or in the course of providing other services to you. Some of our website(s) and services may have their own Privacy Statements and, where that is the case, those Privacy Statements will apply instead of this one.
Back to the Top
What is in this Online Privacy Statement?
Click on one of the links below to jump to a specific section:
Collection of Personal Information
Use of Personal Information
Cookies and Online Tracking
Sharing Your Personal Information within Allegis
Sharing Your Personal Information with Third Parties
International Data Transfers
Safe Harbor Framework
Links to Other Sites and Public Forums
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Allegis Group collects and maintains personal information from the following categories of individuals:
- Visitors: individuals (like you) who visit our website(s) or services, so that we can provide them with the website(s) or services they require;
- Workers: individuals that we may employ or place for permanent or temporary employment with Allegis Group customers, and from individuals who are current and former workers (including temps and other non-employees) of Allegis Group;
- Customers and suppliers: individuals employed by our customers or vendors with whom we have a business relationship.
The types of information we collect include the following:
- Information voluntarily submitted to us: Allegis Group collects personal information that is voluntarily provided by individuals who sign up for an Allegis Group job board account or other Allegis Group website that allows for individuals to set up an account or otherwise submit information. This is normally for the purpose of searching for temporary or permanent employment opportunities, submitting his or her resume for inclusion in an Allegis Group database or responding to a specific listed employment position.
- Information we collect automatically: We automatically collect certain technical information from visitors to our website(s), such as the Internet protocol (IP) address of their device, their login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platforms. We may also automatically collect certain information about their visits to our website(s), such as download errors experienced and length of visits to certain pages.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive some information about our visitors, workers, customers and suppliers from third parties partners (including, for example, our business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytic providers and search information and background check providers). For example, if you are working for an Allegis customer, they may inform us how many hours you have worked so we can ensure you are paid appropriately.
In connection with the services we provide, you may be asked for types of information that is viewed by some countries as "sensitive". Unless permitted or required by applicable law, Allegis Group will not collect and use any sensitive personal information about you (including, for example, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health or condition or sexual life, or about the commission of, or proceedings for, any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by that person, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings) without your express consent.
The information Allegis Group collects will be used only as described in this Privacy Statement and/or in the way we specify at the time of collection. For the most part, we collect personal information to operate effectively and to comply with applicable laws and government regulations (e.g., employment, tax, insurance). We also use your personal information for the purposes of providing you with access to our website(s) and services. We will not subsequently change the way your personal information is used without your consent.
More specifically, some of the ways we may use your personal information include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to communications we receive from you;
- Complying with human resource requirements;
- Complying with applicable laws and government regulations;
- Supporting customer and worker recruitment inquiries;
- Facilitating the job search process and helping to find workers and customers a suitable job match;
- Storing information about your recruitment or other preferences;
- Gauging the number of users and usage of the website(s), so we can plan website bandwidth and capacity accordingly;
- Recognizing you when you return as a repeat visitor to our website(s) or service;
- Providing information on goods and services requested or which may interest you;
- Sending you e-mails and other communications about Allegis Group marketing, advertising and promotions in accordance with your marketing preferences;
- Sending you e-mails and other communications about job postings that we think fit your profile, and to notify you about events, surveys, workshops and training sessions run by Allegis Group; and
- Notifying you about changes to our website(s) or services.
We may also use the personal information we receive for the purposes of creating anonymized and aggregated statistics that do not reveal the identity of any person.
Allegis Group websites use "cookies" and similar technologies (like web bugs) to help personalize your online experience and for our analytics purposes.
A cookie is a small data file placed on the hard drive of your computer when you visit certain websites. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID that the site uses to track the pages you have visited.
A web bug is a graphic on a web page or email that gathers information about the computers used to view the Web page or email. A web bug can collect your computer’s IP address and the time you viewed the website or email.
If you prefer not to receive cookies or web bugs while browsing our website, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies or web bugs and refuse them when your browser alerts you to their presence.
You can also refuse all cookies and web bugs by turning them off in your browser, although you may not be able to take full advantage of Allegis Group websites if you do so. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use/navigate through many parts of Allegis Group websites, except that access to certain Allegis Group Web pages require a login and password.
You can find information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences at the following websites:
Microsoft Internet Explorer:http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm
Blocks cookies by default and accepts cookies only from your current domain. To change, click Safari, Preferences, Security, and choose your preference.
For more information on the types of cookies which are used on the Allegis Group websites, please see our cookie statement, which is available on each of our websites.
Back to the Top
Allegis Group may disclose your personal information to any member of the Allegis Group of companies for use in accordance with this Privacy Statement. This includes our subsidiaries, affiliates and our ultimate holding company.
This sharing of personal information with Allegis Group affiliates may include combining the personal information gathered by certain Allegis Group websites with information independently gathered on other Allegis Group websites into one or more database(s) useable by Allegis Group, including all of its affiliates. Again, this combined information will only ever be used for the purposes disclosed within this Privacy Statement.
Back to the Top
Companies in Allegis Group may use the information internationally in connection with processing requests by potential customers or potential employers of contract workers or temporary employees. Allegis Group may disclose personal information about you to potential employers (direct placements) or potential customers if you are a contract worker we are seeking to assign to a customer.
We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing your personal information and other related information, if we believe it necessary to do so. We also may disclose your personal information to third parties when we choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We use third party service providers to assist us in providing our website(s) and services, including to support us in areas such as recruiting and reviewing responses to job advertisements, managing résumé/CV data, IT platform management or support services, infrastructure and application services, marketing, data analytics, drug and background screening, payroll processing services, and health care benefits. In providing these services on behalf of the Allegis Group, it may be necessary for us to provide these third parties access to personal information.
We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of personal information necessary to provide the services on our behalf, and under strict contractual terms that require them to maintain the security and confidentiality of any personal information to which they have access.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, Allegis Group decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses. Such a transaction may involve, in accordance with applicable law, the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is Allegis Group’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
Back to the Top
As a global company, we may transfer personal information to Allegis group entities and third parties located in countries outside your country of residence. These countries may not necessarily have data protection laws as comprehensive as those in your country or residence; although our collection, storage and use of your personal information will at all times continue to be governed by this Privacy Statement.
Back to the Top
We comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
In processing personal information, we comply with the following Safe Harbor Principles, as more specifically described in this Privacy Statement: Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer (to third parties), Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement (including verification). More information about the U.S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Program can be found athttp://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
We have committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Principles and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU Safe Harbor, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Allegis Group, please visit the BBB EU Safe Harbor website at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints
for more information and to file a complaint.
Back to the Top
You have the right to request access to your personal information. Please note that access may be subject to a fee specified by applicable law.
In addition, you may also ask us to correct, update, delete or block any personal information that we process about you, in particular where the personal information is incomplete or inaccurate. We take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is kept accurate, complete and current, and for this reason ask that you inform Allegis Group in the event of any changes to your personal information.
Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we may periodically send you updates via e-email about promotional opportunities or services we think may interest you, such as jobs in our database that match your selection criteria. Each notification will provide instructions on how to opt-out of receiving similar e-mails. At the point where we request personal information about you, our websites also give you the opportunity to decide which communications you receive.
Back to the Top
This site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. Allegis Group does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems.
Back to the Top
Allegis Group may make message boards, news groups, and/or public forums available to users on its websites. Any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information that may be accessed by third parties; therefore, you should use caution before deciding to disclose any personal information in these forums.