Aerotek Sponsors Annual BEYA STEM Conference for Tenth Consecutive Year
Aerotek has announced its sponsorship of the 29th Annual Black Engineer of the Year Awards (BEYA) Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Conference in Washington, D.C.
Aerotek® Inc., a leading provider of scientific, technical and engineering recruiting and staffing services, today announced its sponsorship of the 29th Annual Black Engineer of the Year Awards (BEYA) Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Conference in Washington, D.C. This conference recognizes and celebrates the achievements of diverse STEM students and professionals from around the country during three days of networking, workshops, seminars and collaborative learning.
This year marks a decade in which Aerotek has been involved as a key sponsor and participant. This year’s highlights include:
• Science Spectrum Trailblazers – Two Aerotek contractors will be recognized during the Emerald Honors and Trailblazers Dinner, an awards banquet celebrating women and men who are actively creating new paths for others in science, research, technology and development. In addition, two employees of EASi — an Aerotek subsidiary providing engineering support services and technology solutions — will also be recognized at the event. The four recipients receiving honors as Science Spectrum Trailblazers in their fields include: Dr. Ahmed Eid, Imaging Engineer, Aerotek; Anil Parikh, Civil/Structural Design Engineer, Aerotek; Srinivas Kongara, Delivery Manager, EASi; and Ravi Chilukuri, Practices Director, EASi.
• The Importance of Diversity and Inclusion in a STEM Workplace – Aerotek will host a Signature Seminar titled The Importance of Diversity and Inclusion in a STEM Workplace, featuring a panel of industry subject matter experts.
• Educational Seminar Speakers – Six employees from among Aerotek and EASi leadership will participate on panels as subject matter experts.
- Dave Persson, Director of Business Operations, Aerotek, will speak on the panel “Situational Leadership: The Shift Every Leader Must Make to be Effective.”
- Ashley Wilson, Senior Account Recruiting Manager, Aerotek, will speak on the panel “Great Places to Work: Building Organizational Cultures of Trust, Pride and Joy.”
- MaryAnn Finizza, Project Office Manager, Aerotek, will speak on the panel “Change Management Soup for the Business Soul: Provide Support and Manage Resistance to Maintain Morale and Sustain High Performance.”
- Brian Olds, Diversity Consultant, Aerotek, will speak on the panel “Can You Hear Me Now: Public Speaking and the Power of Words.”
- Hush Mehta, Executive Director, EASi, will speak on the panel “The Power of Creative Leadership: How Do Great Leaders Push Through Adversity.”
- Sarath Kamalakkannan, Program Manager, EASi, will speak on the panel “Fueling the Future: Sustainable and Renewable Energy Opportunities and Solutions.”
“Aerotek is honored to be an integral part of the BEYA Conference for the tenth consecutive year,” said Executive Director of Human Resources Shelton Guinn, who will be giving opening remarks at the Student Leadership Awards. “This event is a wonderful opportunity to bring together the diverse and influential leadership in the public and private sectors to help cultivate tomorrow’s STEM leaders.”
The Annual BEYA STEM conference will take place in Washington, D.C., February 5 – 7, at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. To learn more about Aerotek’s strategic alliances, visit Aerotek.com.
Aerotek, headquartered in Hanover, Md., is a leading provider of technical, professional and industrial staffing services. Established in 1983, Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, the largest provider of staffing services in the U.S. Aerotek operates a network of more than 200 non-franchised offices throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe. For more information, visit Aerotek.com.