Allegis Group Online Privacy NoticeEffective Date: August 24, 2018
Allegis Group and its group companies, click here, (collectively, "Allegis Group", or "we") are committed to safeguarding your privacy. In this Online Privacy Notice ("Notice") we explain to you what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and the choices and rights that are available to you. If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact us using the contact details provided below at ‘Contacting Us’.
We participate in and comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as supervised by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Economic Area ("EEA") member countries and Switzerland to the United States, respectively. You can find out more about our Privacy Shield commitments below, click here.
About Allegis Group
Allegis Group forms partnerships with organisations across the globe to optimise talent attraction and retention. We work with clients to help them achieve their talent strategies and business goals, and we help potential candidates fulfil their career aspirations.
- Staffing and recruiting services for technical, professional, and industrial positions through Aerotek, as well as managed engineering services via EASi.
- Staffing and recruiting services for risk and compliance, operations, business and organisational change, finance, and management consultancy positions via Aston Carter.
- Legal search, recruiting, and flexible workforce services for lawyers and legal professionals through Major, Lindsey, & Africa and MLA-Solutions Practice Group.
- Executive search services across an entire organisation, including board of directors, C-suite, executive and senior VPs through Allegis Partners.
- An online job board and resource for job seekers with disabilities and employers looking to hire in the U.S. via Getting Hired.
- IT staffing and consulting solutions, IT talent management expertise, as well as managed, project-based, and outsourced IT services via TEKsystems and TEKsystems Global Services.
- A proven alternative to outsourced sales, providing customised sales solutions for retail and B2B customers through MarketSource.
- Permanent and contingent workforce management solutions, talent advisory services, and Recruitment Process Outsourcing through Allegis Global Solutions.
When this Notice Applies
“Personal information” consists of information which may directly or indirectly identify you.
This Notice applies to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information:
(i) through our website(s) and related applications and content that link or refer to this Notice (including the Allegis Group websites listed here: Allegis Group websites); and Allegis computer or mobile software applications (“apps”) and content made available to you) (collectively the “Sites”);
(ii) in connection with any of our events or sales, marketing, advertising and recruitment activities, or in the course of providing other Allegis Group services to you (collectively with the Sites, the "Allegis Services"); and
(iii) when receiving services from you.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the practices of third parties that Allegis Group does not own or control.
What is in this Notice?
Click on one of the links below to jump to a specific section:
Collection of Personal Information
Use of Personal Information
Cookies and Online Tracking
Sharing Your Personal Information within Allegis
Sharing Your Personal Information with Third Parties
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (EEA users only)
International Data Transfers
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
Your Privacy Rights
Security of Your Personal Information
Links to Other Sites and Public Forums
Changes to this Notice
Additional Information That Applies to MarketSource Customers
Allegis Group collects and maintains personal information from the following categories of individuals:
- Visitors: individuals who visit or use our site(s) or any other Allegis services, so that we can provide them with the site(s) or Allegis services they require;
- Job seekers: individuals that apply for job opportunities with Allegis Group to fill our internal positions or as part of our staffing and recruiting services or Allegis Group’s customers through our search, workforce management, or talent advisory services (in each case, whether such applications are made online or offline);
- Customers, vendors, service providers, and other suppliers: employees, representatives and/or agents of our customers, service providers, vendors, and other suppliers with whom we have a business relationship and/or manage on behalf of our customers.
- Referees and others who advise on the suitability of job seekers for particular positions.
If you submit any personal information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Allegis Services, you confirm that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Notice.
The types of information we collect include the following:
- Information submitted to us: Allegis Group collects personal information that individuals provide to us through Allegis Services, such as when they visit one of our Sites, post on our forums or blogs, sign up for an Allegis account to access certain Allegis Services (like an Allegis Group job board or our Communities Site), or if they subscribe to our marketing, register for an Allegis Group event or webinar, or otherwise contact us. We may also collect personal information from individuals’ offline, for example when individuals provide information to us by telephone or in person at events or at one of our recruitment offices.
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and telephone number);
- username and password when you register on our Sites;
- professional information, such as your job title, department, or job role;
- information you provide about others you would like us to contact (for example referrals or references) or information regarding your emergency contacts;
- resumé or C.V. information, such as employment and education history, language proficiencies, security clearance information, and other work-related skills, awards, and honours, membership in clubs and organisations, personal interests and activities, and information regarding your career interests and other qualifications for or desires regarding future employment opportunities, including information regarding desired compensation and benefits; and
- citizenship and work authorisation status.
Where we request information from you, we will let you know prior to collection whether the provision of the personal information we are requesting is required either by employers as a term of their employment or by law, or whether the information may be provided on a voluntary basis, and the consequences of not providing the information.
- Information we collect automatically: We automatically collect certain technical information from visitors to our site(s), such as the Internet protocol (IP) address of their device, their login information, device type and unique identification numbers, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platforms. We may also automatically collect certain information about their visits to our site(s), such as download errors experienced and length of visits to certain pages. When you download, install, or use Allegis Group apps, we and our service providers may track and collect certain device-related information (such as your type and device unique ID) and certain app usage data (such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the app based on your device ID.
- Information we obtain from other sources or third parties: We may receive or acquire information about our visitors, job seekers, customers, and suppliers from third-party partners (such as background check providers) or other third-party sources (such as information from publically available sites (like Monster.com, CareerBuilder.com, or LinkedIn), or a job seeker’s third-party reference.
- You may also choose to provide us with access to certain personal information stored by third parties, like social media sites. For example, if you register for an account to access some of our sites (like the Communities site), you can choose to import your LinkedIn basic profile data (such as your name, experience, location, photo, and contact information). By authorising the Allegis Group to have access to this information, in collecting, storing, and using this information, in accordance with this Privacy Notice, Allegis Group will only pursue the legitimate interests set out below under Use of Personal Information.
- We collect publicly available information from job boards or professional social media websites where career data is made available by individuals and can be viewed by recruiters.
Sensitive Personal Information: In connection with the various services we provide, or if you are applying for a job opportunity with us or one of our customers, you may be asked for types of personal information that are viewed by some countries as sensitive personal information. Sensitive personal information includes, for example, government-issued identification numbers (such as national insurance numbers), information relating to a person's race or ethnic origin, political opinions or religious or philosophical beliefs, physical or mental health or condition, sexual orientation, trade union membership, genetic data and any related legal actions, or the processing of biometric data for the purposes of uniquely identifying an individual. It also includes information about an individual's criminal offences or convictions, as well as any other information deemed sensitive under applicable data protection laws (collectively "Sensitive Personal Information").
- Although we aim to minimise the amount of Sensitive Personal Information we process, we may process such information in certain circumstances, such as where we are required to or permitted to do so by law (e.g. information about your racial/ethnic origin, gender, and disabilities for equal opportunity monitoring or affirmative action programmes), or where it is necessary to provide you with a service, or if we need to perform a criminal background check, drug/alcohol test or fitness-for-duty testing. If required by applicable data protection laws, we will obtain your express consent to our collection and use of your sensitive personal information.
The personal information Allegis Group collects will be used only as described in this Notice and/or in the way we specify at the time of collection. For the most part, we collect and use personal information to effectively provide and improve the Allegis Services (such as our Sites and related staffing and recruiting services, or search, workforce management or talent advisory services) and to comply with applicable laws and government regulations (such as, to comply with mandatory employment, tax, and insurance requirements).
More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing and administering the Allegis Services and for internal operations (for example, troubleshooting, data analysis, statistical, and survey purposes);
- Protecting the Allegis Services (for example, fraud monitoring, and prevention);
- Responding to your communications;
- Complying with applicable laws and government regulations;
- To fulfil your needs if you are a job seeker;
- To match job seeker to job positions;
- To match job positions to job seekers;
- Gauging the number of users and usage of the Site(s), so we can plan Site bandwidth and capacity accordingly;
- Recognising you when you return as a repeat visitor to our Site(s) or other online Allegis Services;
- Providing information on goods and services you have requested;
- Sending you e-mails and other promotional communications about Allegis Group marketing, advertising, and promotions in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing at any time (see "Your Choices" below);
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, services and offerings, enhancing, improving or modifying our Sites, products and services, and operating and expanding our business activities; and
- Notifying you about changes to our Site(s) or other Allegis Services.
Personal information collected online through the Allegis Services may also be supplemented with information you provide to us through other Allegis Group services, as well as other online and offline sources (such as recruitment fairs, social media platforms (like LinkedIn), trade shows, or other events) and other data appending methods (such as spot tags, tracking, and cookies as referenced below).
We may also use the personal information we receive for the purposes of creating anonymised and aggregated statistics that do not reveal the specific identity of any person.
In most cases, Allegis Group will process personal information for a variety of business purposes which are in our legitimate interests (for example, to operate its business and provide you with services you have requested), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (as described above). However in some cases, and always where required by applicable law, Allegis Group will seek your consent to process your personal information (including any Sensitive Personal Information).
Allegis Group websites use "cookies" and similar technologies (like web bugs) to help personalise your online experience and for analytics purposes.
HotJar is being used on some pages of our specific websites noted below in order to better understand our users’ needs and to optimize our job services and content to provide a better user experience.
What sites use HotJar?
Currently we use HotJar on the following sites:
What is HotJar?
Hotjar is a technology service that records user sessions anonymously and captures information—such as what links users are clicking on, or how much time users spend on a page—to help us understand how our users interact with our website. HotJar compiles this information across multiple user sessions and displays it as a visual “heat map” that shows where user interactions occur on a given page. This enables us to see “hot spots” of where users are trying to navigate to and evaluate if our website is serving the needs of our visitors.
How does HotJar work?
Does HotJar record, capture or store any sensitive information or personal data?
What pages of this website use HotJar?
We will only use HotJar on a small subset of its U.S.-based website where content is most relevant to finding jobs and providing jobseeker services. We uses analytics to identify the most-trafficked pages of its site related to finding jobs and uses HotJar on a representative sample of those pages to further improve the user experience.
How can I opt out of being tracked by HotJar?
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
For more information on the types of cookies which are used on the Allegis Group websites, please see our Cookie Notice, which is available on each of our websites.
Allegis Group may disclose your personal information to any affiliate within Allegis Group for use in accordance with this Privacy Notice. This includes our subsidiaries, affiliates, and our ultimate holding company.
This sharing of personal information with Allegis Group affiliates may include combining the personal information gathered by certain Allegis Group Sites with information independently gathered on other Allegis Group Sites as well as information gathered offline into one or more database(s) useable by Allegis Group, including all of its affiliates. Again, this combined information will only ever be used for the purposes disclosed within this Privacy Notice.
Allegis Group may share and disclose personal information about you with the following types of third parties and in the following circumstances:
- Potential employers or potential customers – We may share your personal information if you are a job seeker with a customer for the purpose of providing the Allegis Services (such as staffing and recruiting services, or search, workforce management, or talent advisory services).
In connection with the above, we may need to disclose certain data about your previous employment (such as your C.V. and corresponding information or to the extent permitted by law, the results of any criminal background checks or other specific employee data such SSN/National ID) with that customer or other service providers or agents acting on our behalf to facilitate and enable the potential placement or employment. To the extent you are employed by a customer of Allegis Group through our search, workforce management, or talent advisory services, the Allegis Group customer will process such personal information in accordance with its own policies and procedures.
- Compliance with laws – We may disclose personal information to a third party where we are legally required to do so in order to respond to or comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or government requests, including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Vendors, consultants, and other service providers – We use third party vendors, consultants, and other service providers to assist us in providing the Allegis Services, including to support us in areas such as recruiting and reviewing responses to job advertisements, managing résumé/C.V. data, IT platform management or support services, infrastructure and application services, marketing, data analytics, skills and assessments training, occupational health and safety screening, and drug and background screening. In providing these services on behalf of Allegis Group, it may be necessary for us to provide these third parties with access to your personal information.
In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of individuals resident in the EEA or Switzerland received pursuant to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, Allegis Group is potentially liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if our agents process your personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
- Business transfers – Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, Allegis Group decides to sell, buy, merge, or otherwise reorganise businesses. Such a transaction may involve, in accordance with applicable law, the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is Allegis Group’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
- With your consent – We may disclose your personal information for other purposes with your consent.
Your personal information is never sold, rented, or leased to any external company, unless you have granted us permission to do so.
If you are a user from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our platform and to communicate with you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest; for instance, when responding to your queries, improving our services, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
You may choose to provide your personal information with Allegis Group for a particular position for which you are not successful. In such a situation, as you have indicated that you are looking for opportunities beyond your current role, Allegis may retain your personal information in order to present you with other opportunities for which your experience may be suitable. If you have concerns about Allegis Group retaining this data for these purposes please discuss them with your contact at Allegis Group.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the Contacting Us heading below.
As a global company, we may transfer personal information to Allegis Group companies and third parties located in the United States and in other countries that may be outside your country of residence for storage and processing in order to provide the Allegis Services. These countries may not necessarily have data protection laws as comprehensive as those in your country or residence. In addition, we will have taken appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information in accordance with this Notice and applicable law wherever it is processed. These safeguards include implementing the European Commission Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between Allegis Group companies and our self-certification to the Privacy Shield Frameworks which are explained in further detail below. Further details of these safeguards can be provided upon request.
Allegis Group is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) with regards to our compliance with the Privacy Shield.
EEA and Swiss individuals have the right to obtain our confirmation of whether we maintain personal information relating to you. Upon request, we will provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may also may correct, amend, or delete the personal information we hold about you. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should complete the following web form here. If you experience any issues with the web form or you prefer to submit your requests to us outside of the preferred method of submission, please contact email@example.com. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
Your right to access your personal data may be restricted in exceptional circumstances, including, but not limited to, when the burden or expense of providing this access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question, or when the rights of persons other than you would be violated by the provision of such access. If we determine that your access should be restricted in a particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of our determination and respond to any inquiries you may have.
We will provide an individual opt-out or opt-in choice before we share their data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, please complete the following very brief web form here. If you experience any issues with the web form or you prefer to submit your requests to us outside of the preferred method of submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive emails to the email address you provide through the web form acknowledging your request and updating you on the status of your request. All communications through this web portal are secure and encrypted. We encourage and appreciate your use of this process as it allows us to track requests in a centralized, secure and efficient system.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Allegis Group commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. Residents of the EEA or Switzerland who believe that their information has not been processed in compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles may raise their complaints in a number of ways:
Allegis Group, Inc.
7301 Parkway Drive, 5th Floor
Hanover, MD 21076
ATTN: Privacy Officer
Or if you are resident in the EEA or Switzerland:
Allegis Group Limited
c/o Legal Department
ATTN: Legal Team
(2) We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
(3) If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
What Are Privacy Rights?
Privacy rights enable an individual to make specific requests to an organization regarding the processing of their personal data. These rights are implemented by data protection laws that differ from place to place. In some regions (like the European Economic Area), your privacy rights include the following:
If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time but this will not affect any processing of your personal information done before you withdrew your consent, nor will it affect processing of your personal information done on a legal basis other than consent.
How to Exercise Your Privacy Rights
If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please complete the very brief web form here. Using the web form will provide us with the relevant information we need to evaluate and respond to your request. You will receive emails to the email address you provide through the web form acknowledging your request and updating you on the status of your request. All communications through this web portal are secure and encrypted. We encourage and appreciate your use of this process as it allows us to track requests in a centralized, secure and efficient system.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.
If you experience any issues with the web form or you prefer to submit your requests to us outside of the preferred method of submission, please contact email@example.com. Please note that if you prefer to submit your request outside of the web form, we will still need to obtain the same relevant information from you in order to process your request, which may result in the process being less prompt. Regardless of how we receive your request, we will abide by all applicable legal requirements for deadlines for responding to your request.
Marketing Communications: Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences and applicable data protection laws, we may periodically send you updates via e-mail about promotional opportunities or services we think may interest you, such as jobs in our database that match your selection criteria, newsletters, white papers, surveys and event information.
You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us.
When we request personal information about you, our sites also give you the opportunity to decide which communications you receive.
The Allegis Group is committed to protecting the personal information you share with us. The Allegis Group uses appropriate physical, technical, organisational and administrative security measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised or unlawful access, use, or disclosure, and from accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
The Allegis Group supports online security using secure server technology because we want your data to be safe. We use state-of-the-art security arrangements and facilities on our sites and through the Allegis Services to maintain data security. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information that is transferred over the internet.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with the service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
This site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. Allegis Group does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems.
Allegis Group Sites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. If you access those links, you will leave the Allegis Group Site. Allegis Group does not control those sites or their privacy practices, which may differ from Allegis Group's practices. Allegis Group is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites outside of Allegis Group. The personal information you choose to provide or that is collected by these third parties is not covered by this Notice. We encourage you to review the policies of such third parties before submitting your personal information.
Allegis Group may make message boards, news groups, and/or public forums available to users on its sites. Any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information that may be accessed by third parties; therefore, you should use caution before deciding to disclose any personal information in these forums.
If you have any questions about this Notice please contact:
Allegis Group, Inc.
7301 Parkway Drive, 5th Floor
Hanover, MD 21076
ATTN: Privacy Officer
Or if you are resident in the EEA or Switzerland:
Allegis Group Limited
c/o Legal Department
ATTN: Legal Team
The Data Protection Officer is an independent advisor and supervisor of Allegis Group’s data protection compliance. The DPO’s advice is directed towards Allegis Group in the first instance. The DPO can be contacted at:
Attention: GDPR Data Protection Officer
c/o Legal Department
ATTN: The Data Protection Officer
If we change this Notice, we will post the revised Notice on our sites, with an updated revision date. If we make significant changes to our Notice, we may also notify you by other means, such as sending an email or posting a notice on our home page. We will update the "Effective Date" at the top of this page to indicate the date from which any changes take effect.
In addition, sometimes Allegis Group acts as a data processor, for example when processing personal information it receives from one of its customers as part of its staffing and recruiting services, including IT staffing and consulting solutions, workforce management or talent advisory services. Any time that Allegis Group acts as a data processor, it will process personal information according to the contractual obligations it has with the applicable data controller. To the extent Allegis Group receives requests from individuals regarding the processing of their personal information by Allegis Group, it will refer them to and coordinate with the appropriate data controller.
MarketSource works closely with a variety of retailer businesses ("MarketSource Customers") to help them market and sell products and services to their end customers ("MarketSource End Customers").
In connection with the retailer services and solutions that MarketSource provides to MarketSource Customers, MarketSource may collect and process personal information (like contact information, transaction history, marketing preferences, or geographic location information) about MarketSource End Customers on behalf of MarketSource Customers for the following purposes:
- To process direct sales and transactions; and
- For MarketSource Customer's business purposes, such as:
- Data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring, and prevention;
- Developing new products, services, and offerings;
- Enhancing, improving, or modifying MarktSource Customers’ merchandising, Sites, products, and/or services;
- Identifying usage or purchase trends;
- Determining and evaluating the effectiveness of a MarketSource Customer's engagement with its MarketSource End Customers and related promotional campaigns; and
- Operating and expanding their business activities.
The MarketSource Customer is the data controller of any personal information about MarketSource End Customers. As such, a MarketSource End Customer who wishes access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his or her query to the relevant MarketSource Customer. MarketSource will assist any MarketSource Customer as necessary to comply with any MarketSource End Customer data subject request.
© Allegis Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved.