Custom Onboarding and Logistical Services Power Growth of Multinational E-commerce Firm
Our client needed a partner who could meet their need for recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, reporting and travel management services to support their large-scale, national delivery program.
Through our comprehensive maintenance services practice, we have accomplished the following:
- 1,100 employees onboarded since August 2020
- Time to onboard for full-time hires decreased from 30+ days to goal of 14 days
- Enhanced onboarding and logistical services provided to over 250 facilities across 100 metropolitan locations
Our client’s North American business demands were exceeding the capacity of their internal teams and processes. They needed more visibility in program metrics and access to the right talent. They required a strategic partner that could provide recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, reporting and travel management services to support their large-scale, national delivery program. It was critical for their new partner to understand their culture and smoothly integrate within their existing processes.
Our client chose to partner with Aerotek based on our ability to provide enhanced onboarding and offboarding, logistical services, reporting and personnel training to their more than 250 U.S. facilities.
After meeting with our client to thoroughly understand pain points, business demands and day-to-day operations, we developed a custom comprehensive maintenance services solution aligned to their business needs. To enhance processes, drive operational efficiencies and provide cost savings, our solution focused on several key areas:
- Enhanced Onboarding and Offboarding: We customized an onboarding and orientation process to ensure employee information was entered properly into the client’s personnel management system, enhance and schedule client-requested skills testing and trainings for employees, and increase retention across customer facilities.
Now when new employees are onboarded, they receive an introduction to company culture, facility policies and procedures, and performance-specific expectations to ensure they are prepared, safe and productive from day one. To further streamline the onboarding experience and enable employees to quickly adapt to their new environment, we organize and assign a range of 17 computer-based trainings for all on-site employees prior to their badge certification.
To support our client with departing employees, we offboard any facility employee removed from our client’s program within a strict 24- hour timeframe. At a local level, our client’s
site managers conduct daily headcount checks through their personnel management system before each shift. We work within this system to ensure all offboarding deliverables are met so that daily headcount measurements are accurate to ensure business continuity and accountability across our client’s facilities.
- Logistics: On a weekly basis, we coordinated travel management operations for more than 40
employees traveling between our client’s facilities. By tracking our employees’ travel schedules and managing accommodations — including booking airfare, lodging and auto rentals — we were able to save our client time and money.
- Reporting: Our robust reporting enables our client to monitor their budget, resource plan and review our performance toward the criteria outlined in our scope of work. The custom reporting we deliver to our client includes weekly analyses of our financial, fulfillment and performance-based objectives. We also provide spend forecasting on a weekly basis and analyses of attrition and retention of facility employees, time-to-fill ratios, purchase order tracking and forecasting, and resource-based performance.
Aerotek supports the maintenance and operations of more than 250 of our client’s North American facilities. We maintain accountability for deliverables tied to recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, reporting and travel management for our customer’s large-scale, national delivery program.
To meet our customer’s need to onboard workers quickly, Aerotek’s goal with the customer is to onboard new employees within 14 days. Our internal delivery team provides our client with an average of 21 starts and five employee conversions per week, which translates to an average of 11,200 hours worked each week.
Through our partnership, we have increased onboarding efficiencies, successfully onboarding more than 1,110 employees since August 2020. Since the implementation of our comprehensive maintenance solution, our client’s headcount needs per site have decreased substantially.
By enabling our client to efficiently meet their internal milestones and aggressive growth targets throughout the past two years, Aerotek has been selected as one of two vendors supporting all our client’s current and future facilities and maintenance projects, allowing us to continue expanding our support of their program nationwide.